Monday, March 3, 2008

Harold Darke: Brother James Air

I remember to be at a choir practice in a place the Stepps � a suburb of Glasgow one calls. We rehearsed Maunder�s Olivet to the Kalvarienberg. I remind of choirmaster, certain Mr. Jimmy all, which announces to the assembled choristers that Harold Darke straight had died. This was 1976. This Sunday formed I a courageous attempt at playing the Darke�s Meditation on brother James�s air as introductory Voluntary to the morning service STR Andrew�s at the church. I know the fact that I falsified parts of it and probably or cut two �difficult� passages out. But the melody was clear. Like that it is interesting to hear the collecting main (?) character string version on this disk. Brother James�s air is a bezauberndes work �, that in the letter nearly improvisatory is and effectively for character strings is counted. It is one of those work, which one cannot help to be surprised why it not by Classic of FM was waived. It would form a welcome change at for the everywhere existing lark the rise or fantasy on Greensleeves. Strangely this work programmed frequent as �wedding music: ' to my ears it leaves �valedictory� a feeling, which not � usually - agree with the tendency of the connection.
Source: http://landofllostcontent.blogspot.com/2008/02/harold-darke-brother-james-air.html

Review this site too: downloadable mp3 (http://mp3delicious.com/)

No comments: